Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sassy Cheryl's DT~Red,White & Blue

It's Tuesday and that means it is time for a new challenge over at Sassy Cheryl's. This is my first Design Team creation for Sassy Cheryl's! How exciting!

 Challenge #173 is Red, White, & Blue. And... I tend to love this color combo! Plus, it is the week to Celebrate America's Birthday! And...the 4th of July just happens to be my favorite holiday!!!!

For my DT inspiration, I have colored up the sweet and very patriotic image: Maddie Honoring the Flag.
Here is my card:
For this image, I used my Copic markers to color her up using the following colors:
Skin- E000,00,21
Hair-E43,44,47
Outfit-E31,33, B00,02,04, C1,3,5
Flag-Y28, B18, R27, C3

The sentiment reads: United We Stand. It comes from a wooden rubber mounted stamp. I chalked the clouds in and added some ribbon and silver stars. 

Well, what do you think? My first Sassy Cheryl's DT creation is completed. Now, it is your turn to take the challenge. Go forth and create! Break out the red, white, and blue! Stars and Stripes forever!!! 


22 comments:

  1. yay! congrats on the first SC post!!
    darling! love the sky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just adorable. I love the small banners and white stars...So cute...Congrats on the new DT assignment...Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Sassy DT.. so happy to have you create with us each week! Your card is adorable.. I love your coloring and the banners across the bottom are the perfect finishing touch!
    cute as can be!
    hugs to ya!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Judy! I am so happy to create with all of you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chevrons across the bottom topped off with stars. Too cute. I also love the font on the sentiment. Beautiful coloring Angie. Looking forward to some fun with our Sassy team mates. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, sweet Angie!! Welcome welcome welcome!! You card is gorgeous...clean & simple and sooooo cool! Brilliant coloring...love the cloudes!! And the stars and the banners...the perfect patriotic touch!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat! I am honored to be hanging out with you all!

      Delete
  7. Angela, this is adorable, love the clean and simple effect, the stars and tabs and clouds. Welcome to the DT and wonderful first card for the Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angela! Your card is incredibly gorgeous! I love clouds, stars and banners. Just beautiful.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited to have you on the team! I LOVE your work and your style! This card is simply stated, beautifully colored, and designed. It really makes a statement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann! Your comments are very kind and much appreciated!

      Delete
  10. Welcome to the Sassy Cheryl's team Angela! So glad to have you on board with your amazing cards.
    And way to jump out of the blocks. This is just absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you create every week. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank you Cheryl! I am so happy to be a part of the team! :)

      Delete
  11. Your card is so fresh and patriotic - very well done. I like how you did a lot of sky, added the great banners at the bottom, and used a wonderful sentiment. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card! I love the banners and the bottom, and how you added that great looking sky! You rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete