Sunday, October 6, 2013

WCMD Challenge #4: It's Kraftin' Kimmie's Birthday!

I love birthdays! 
Don't you?
And...I love Kraftin' Kimmie! 
Put those two together and it's a win-win!!
It is Kraftin' Kimmie's birthday and along with celebrating World Cardmaking Day...Kraftin' Kimmie is celebrating their own birthday!
It is also a chance to become a Krafty Girl.
Honestly, if I said I would give up chocolate to be a Krafty Girl...do you think that is being too dramatic?
Nope. Me neither.
For this challenge, I stamped up an adorable image from Cheryl' Alger's Best Fur-iends stamp set.
Here is my creation:
The image is stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Copic paper. The paper comes from My Mind's Eye. The sentiment is from a clear stamp set from Hero Arts.
The clouds are colored in with blue chalk.
I added a yellow button and some orange twine.

I made this birthday card specifically for this challenge but I am going to give it to my youngest son, Alex, who turns 8 years old this week!
It is hard to believe that this little booger is not a baby anymore.
Gosh...I love this kid.

Okay...so here is my submission to Kraftin' Kimmie's Birthday challenge and my attempt to throw my name into the ring for a chance to become a Krafty Girl.
My chances are slim to none but I always believe that you never know until you try. Plus, disappointment and rejection build better character. Or at least that's what I tell my students! Ha! 
So here goes nothing...and a whole lot of wishful thinking...



4 comments:

  1. Such a cute card!! You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your chances are MUCH greater than you assume! Your work is so wonderful! Amazing how quickly these little ones grow, isn't it! My babies are 28-ack! I remember when they turned 8-sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DARLING!!! So happy to see you joining us!! ♥ BTW!
    My 27 YO daughter is still my baby. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so so sweet, Angie!! hugs, kadie

    ReplyDelete